THE PACKAGE FOR A TD –
The gravy train Breakdown
Unvouched expenses must be open to all sorts of abuse in short a laugh.
TD salary: €92,672.
• Allowances for renting offices: €15,000 unvouched; €25,700 vouched.
• Secretarial assistant plus additional secretarial allowance: €41,092 vouched; or €8,888.17 unvouched plus an annual allowance of €11,591 vouched.
• Leinster House provides free telephone and postal facilities, including 1,250 prepaid envelopes a month.
• €750 every 18 months to buy a mobile phone and car kit, including installation costs and insurance.
• €8,000 one-off grant to set up an office outside Leinster House.
Posted on November 4, 2012, in Government, Local politics, National Politics and tagged Finian McGrath, Independents, Ireland, Irish, Irish News, Leinster House, Mick Wallace, Political salaries, Politics, Secretary, Teachta Dála. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.